This is salty, bacon-y, and really addictive. I tried the regular “crack chicken” recipe that uses dry Hidden Valley ranch dressing, but found it a little too salty for my taste. You can also mix your own dried herbs and less salt (recipe below). You can use this on rolls for a sandwich, or as a dip or spread, served warm (best!) or cold
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- 5-6 slices crisp cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 packet of dry ranch dressing (such as Hidden Valley) or homemade mix*
- 2 oz mild cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
Add chicken, cream cheese, and water to the pot. Pressure cook for 15 minutes (thawed) or 20 minutes (frozen). Quick release pressure.
Remove chicken from pot and shred. You can do this in your stand mixer or hand mixer. Return chicken to pot and stir into liquid. Stir in cheese and bacon pieces. Garnish with scallions and serve.
*Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix (use dried spices)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tsp dill
- 1 tsp chives
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Use 1 oz of seasoning per 2 lbs of chicken.